The Financial Express Bangladesh
• Worked as a Senior Staff Reporter of the Financial Express, the country’s lone financial daily, since June 2003 and promoted to Special Correspondent on May 2010. Responsibilities include writing reports and features on financial and trade issues. Banking, capital market, money market, foreign exchange market, non-banking financial institutions (NBFIs), insurance, privatisation, science and technology, private sector, trade and commerce are major areas of interest. Covering the Bangladesh Bank (BB), the country’s central bank, since 1993. Reports and features could be viewed at www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com.
• I am also working with the SPORTSWEAR INTERNATIONAL of Germany as a contributing correspondent since 2013 and occasionally contribute to US’s Apparel Magazine.
• Served as a Bangladesh correspondent of the UK-based just-style.com, a news organization that provides latest news and information on apparel and textile across the world, from July 2012 to December 2014.
• Worked as a Foreign Correspondent of the All Headline News, officially known as AHN Media Corporation, (www.allheadlinenews.com) a U.S.-based global news organization since March 2005. After one year, I have been promoted as News Correspondent (South Asia Correspondent) but I left the job in 2011 for their irregular payment system.
• Besides, I worked with the Mizzima News (www.mizzima.com), a pro-democratic Burmese news agency, as a contributing correspondent from 2003 to 2011.
• Served as a Bangladesh Correspondent of Kolkata-based the National News Service (NNS), a News, Feature and Photo Agency of East-North and Southeast region of India from June 2002 to July 2004.
• Worked from June 2002 to May 2003 as an Economic Reporter of The News Today, one of the English dailies of the country. Responsibilities included writing reports on the financial and trade issues of Bangladesh.
• Served as Economic Reporter and In-charge Economic Page in the now defunct Bengali daily Banglar Bani from December 2000 to September 2001.
• Worked as Economic Reporter of The Daily Banglabazar Patrika, one of the leading Bengali dailies of the country from January 1998 to December 2000.
• Served as Economic Reporter and Staff Reporter of different Bengali newspapers and news agencies like the Anadapatra Bangla Sangbad (ABAS), the Bangladesh News Service (BNS) and the Daily Sakaler Khabar from September 1992 to December 1997.
• Completed Intermediate Part-2 (Course Complete) at Cost Management and Accounting (CMA) from the Institute of Cost Management and Accounting of Bangladesh (ICAMB) in Dhaka.
• Completed English Proficiency Course at the Dhaka Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA), a multinational non-government organisation, from 1996-1997.
• I did my graduation from the Dhaka University in 1989 majoring in Economics, Political Science and Sociology.
• Obtained First Division in HSC (higher secondary certificate) from Rajshahi Board in 1984 with distinction marks in Mathematics.
• Passed SSC (secondary school certificate) in the Second Division from Rajshahi Board in 1981 with distinction marks in Islamic Studies.
• Father’s Name : Late Fasiruddin Sarker
• Mother’s Name : Late Shundoree Begum
• Date of Birth : The 1st September 1965
• Nationality : Bangladeshi
• Office : Tropicana Tower
45, Topkhana Road (4th Fl0or), Dhak-1000, Bangladesh
Phone: (880-2) 955 3550 –1, 956 8153-4 Fax: (880-2) 956 7049