(G. K. Sarpong)
NA/TT 0669 Ngleshie Amanfrom-Accra
+233 54 334 2677 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
I am a policy analyst and data journalist committed to serving Africa by promoting transparency and accountability.
University of Cape Coast Cape Coast
Bachelor of Education Social Sciences
Economics and Management 2011
University of Zambia, Commonwealth Secretariat
PGDip: Policy Journalism and Media Studies 2013
Data for Health Fellowship, Cape Town- South Africa 2018
Thomson Reuters Foundation
Wealth of Nations Program, (ACME), Uganda 2017
US Department of State
President Obama’s Special Initiative for Young African Leaders (YALI)
Commonwealth Youth Program
Developing Young Leaders Program (DYLP), Zambia 2014
iWatch Africa Accra
Policy and News Content Director 2015-Present
• Develop quarterly news content strategy for correspondents across Ghana.
• Design and publish reports, infographics and short videos highlighting important quarterly findings in focus areas; health, education, job creation, and government expenditure.
• Review and publish all reports submitted by correspondents.
• Develop and design project and policy focus and media campaigns for iWatch Africa.
• Conduct strategic planning workshops to assess key objectives, stakeholder conferences and perform critical progress analysis.
• Review all financial reports produced by Government of Ghana and conduct evidence based value-for-money analysis of financial commitments.
• Produce assessment videos and data reports on government expenditure and commitments.
• Meet with editing, marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and appearance of our online platforms.
• Conduct training workshops for field staff.
See: (http://iwatchafrica.org )
Digital Guide Media Ltd Accra
Editor/ Business Writer 2013-2016
• Published periodic Pan-African business related articles.
• Prepared and edited articles to improve readability.
• Read copy articles to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
• Developed content plan of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
• Verified facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
• Reviewed proofs submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
• Consulted with writers on any issue of content or style that might influence the quality of a work and its acceptability to a diverse clientele drawn mainly from developing economies.
• Assisted team members in revising/editing/proofreading their written articles
Viasat1 Ghana (Kwese TV) Accra
Website Editor / Content Creator / Production Assistant 2013 – 2016
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
News Contributor/Editor April, 2015 - Currently
News Ghana, Modern Ghana,
3News, WakeUp Africa 360, Raw Africa
Ghana News Online
Development of creative campaigns, policy briefs, writing press releases, social media community management, multimedia skills in Adobe Audition, Canva, Splice, Tableau Public, excellent written communication skills, blogger and public speaker
Volunteer Roles 2015- 2017
Editor United Nations Economic Commission
Head of Media Relations YALI RLC WA-Lagos
Deputy News Director
Contact Details: +233 244 37 1745, +44786 4716 058
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Contact Details: +233 56 052 0654
Digital Guide Media Ltd
Contact Details: +233 24 397 3965, +233 50 393 0366
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org