So you’ve decided to apply to the Data Journalism Awards 2019 competition. What a great idea 😉 Taking part is entirely free and very easy. We’ve put together this little guide to help you out.
It only takes three steps to submit a project to the competition:
- Login or register
- Fill that form (you can only get there if you’ve completed step 1)
- Click on “Submit”
We have launched a brand new website this year, featuring new sections such as “News” (with great examples of data journalism from around the world), “Resources” (for tutorials and tools) and Community (so you can chat with other data journalists and apply to the competition). This means we get more ways to communicate with, and tell the stories of the international data journalism community, and that’s something we are very excited about.
To submit your project you will have to first login on the Data Journalism Awards Community. If you don’t have an account yet, you can register right here. Once you’re logged in, all you have to do is click on “Apply” on our website’s menu bar, or follow this link. That will take you to this year’s application form. Fill that form, click on “Submit”, and you’re done!
Note that the deadline to submit your project(s) is 7 April 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
Tips before you apply to the competition:
– Increase your chances to win: submit more than one project
– Submit your project(s) early on to prevent a last minute rush
– Wonder what makes a winning project? Check out past winners!
– Curious to see who’s submitted a project so far? Checkout the list now.
– Prepare your answers separately (there is no way to save a draft of your form!)
Frequently asked questions, as well as eligibility and rules information can be found right here; but in a nutshell:
– Projects must have been published or aired between 26 March 2018 and 7 April 2019
– All submission forms must be filled in English. Entries in languages other than English can be accepted provided that they are accompanied by thorough explanations of the work in English and a translation if possible.
– You can submit multiple entries, but only one entry per category
– Only fill one form if you apply to a portfolio category, including a maximum of 10 links (so you have to pick wisely!)
If you have a question, you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you the best of luck! We look forward to seeing your entries 😉